Thursday, August 19, 2010

More Cute Bums



So, I decided to make some more cloth diapers and Give some info of Cloth diapers. Call me weird but I love Cloth diapers!! They are cheap and better for baby and the environment. I have tried Pre-folds, flats, and fitteds. I have tried different kinds of covers as well. My favorite system is a hand made flannel fitted pocket (one size fits all) with a flat insert. Flats are great by them selfs, but with newborn poo the fitteds do a better job of keeping the poo in so you don't have to change the cover every time baby poos. (some people don't like pocket diapers because you have to remove the insert before washing. Which can be gross if baby poos. but I have found that if I don't remove the flat insert it just comes out in the wash. How great is that???) Oh, did I mention the fact that I have never, NEVER had a blow out with cloth diapers!! Beat that Paper Diaper!! As for covers I really like the Thirsties Duo covers. they have a great fit for newborns and you only have to buy two different sizes. Instead of 4 or 5 sizes. I also am happy with the new flip diaper covers. the inserts are great for older babies but really big on newborns. So I stick to my flats with flannel fitted. The sides are stretchy so they have a great fit. and come in really cute colors. I ordered my flip and thirsties covers from Cottonbabies.com. They have free shipping and are the makers of the Flip diaper. The pattern for the flannel one size fitted pocket diaper is free. Just go to http://handmadebyrita.blogspot.com/2007/10/classic-rrp-ritas-rump-pocket-pattern.html and download the pattern.









1 comment:

Ash said...

I am going to come see you and your beautiful family and you are going to re-teach me all about diapers! You will be hearing from me VERY soon :)
Love!