Saturday, September 13, 2008

Utah State Fair


On Thursday we when to the Fair. We all had a great time. They had this great area set up for kids called Little Hands on the Farm. They start out with an apron and basket. Then they follow a trail to get some feed. Then they move on to a huge cow. Lleyton stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the big cow, the girl behind us when in front of us and showed Lleyton how to put the feed in the trough. You could even milk the fake cow. Lleyton was too intimidated by the size to be interested in milking it. then they give you a carton of milk to put in your basket. Next was the garden, you plant a seed(token) in the garden then on the other side you pick up the veggie you planted. Next was driving the tractor(tricycle). Lleyton filled it up with gas then took it for a spin. Then you sell your products at the market and they give you a play dollar, they then let you go shopping to spend your dollar. You could buy cereal or an apple. After little hands, Lleyton wanted to go down the big yellow side. Rich took him up to the top. Once they were at the top Lleyton started back down the stairs. Maybe next year I will take him and just grab him and slide. Then we went to see the farm animals. the pig in the picture was 800 lbs. WOW!! we then saw some sheep. Lleyton even got brave and Petted the sheep. next came the Cows. I can't believe I'm saying this but, those cow were gorgeous. They were all freshly groomed and glowing. I just wanted reach out and pet them. Of course I didn't be cause I'm not a farm animal petting kind of girl. Over all it was a great day. There is nothing better then spending the day with your family.

2 comments:

Shawn and Mish said...

It's about time....I miss you! I hope you are enjoying UT in the fall....there isn't anything better.

Michelle said...

Ella! Your family is so cute! How fun you have a blog. We have a blog too. email me at rognongirl@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to our family blog. I have my own blog up too on my profile.